Friday 12 February 2010

Normality

Image Source: Marco Bellucci
The last two days we have been up before noon, progress! 7am yesterday, 9am today. 11-12 was becoming the norm because the only real uninterrupted sleep I was getting was between 7-11am. I don't know that Freya is sleeping that much better, so much as I gave up on having her in the bassinet and have had her in bed with me for the last couple of nights. As a former and apparently current cosleeper, purchasing a king size bed was just about the best decision we ever made. We actually went out and bought it the first weekend after finding out I was pregnant again. We will see how lazy I am about getting her out of the bed. At least this time around we have a crib for when she is ready, or we are ready. That's one big reason Desana was in bed with us up until about 15 months.

Desana is out of her crib now. In one day she figured out both how to climb out of the crib, and how to climb over the back of the couch that keeps her from our study area. There's a baby gate that we climb over to get to the desks... she hasn't figured out how to climb over that yet, but she regularly pushes them over!  We will have to buy a toddler bed (I am looking secondhand) but in the meantime I just took her mattress out of the crib and lay it on the floor. It's actually working out really well. I moved the babygate to the other side of her bedroom door, so now she spends half the day playing in her room with her toys, and wandering out to see me once in awhile. The only difficult part is when she closes the door and keeps knocking until I come let her out. That happens during naptime too. It's actually incredibly cute, although mildly irritating at bedtime!
I guess I don't talk a whole lot about Freya yet. She's so little, it's all eat, poop, sleep at this point. She looks so like Desana, I'm not sure at which point she will start looking like herself!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!