Monday 17 May 2010

Sunshine

Imagine Source: Tanaka Juuyoh

It's been a long long journey. I can't believe it's only been two months since I accepted my depression and sought help for it. I am doing so much better, still not at 100% but I haven't been at 100% for a long time so the improvements in my life have been drastic.

I have been seeing a psychologist once a week for awhile now, our last appointment was two weeks apart and now I don't go see her for another month. She's amazing. Being able to talk to someone who has no history with you, no judgement of you is incredibly freeing. She's very insightful and picks up on the little things I say and is able to explain to me why I feel a certain way when I'm not always conscious of my triggers.

Breaking my thought patterns will take a long time, but being made aware of the automatic processes in my mind does lead to them not being so automatic. I'm finding it easier to ask other people for help, and to communicate my thoughts and needs without always looking at myself for being weak for doing so (that's a huge issue for me apparently!).
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!