Saturday 20 March 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip Cookies

I was after something quick and easy to snack on, including oatmeal which is known for increasing your milk supply. Now I'm bordering on an over supply, which is great, so I guess it works! My Mum's boyfriend shared this recipe with me.

Here it is. My changes are at the bottom.



Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Ingredients

½ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
6 tablespoons milk
1 ½ cups plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat oven to 200C/400F
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Stir in eggs and milk.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
Stir oats into flour mixture.
Combine dry mixture into wet mixture.
Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.

My changes: I only use 1 cup of chocolate chips and I bake on the top row in my oven for only 10 minutes. I let them sit on the tray for 1 more minute, then transfer to a cooling rack to harden up a little. This batch made 30, but it all depends on what size cookies you like. :)
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!