Tuesday 6 July 2010

Mother

Image source: Charlotte Morrall

I found this little poem in the front of Shabby Chic Interiors by Rachel Ashwell.

Mother

Mother is a little girl who trod my path before me;
Just a bigger, wiser little girl who ran ahead-
Bigger, wiser, stronger girl who always watches o'ver me,
One who knows the pitfalls in the rugged road I tread.
Mother is a playmate who will always treat me kindly-
Playmate who will yield me what true happiness demands.
She will never let my feet stray into brambles blindly-
Mother's just a bigger little girl who understands.
Mother is an older little playmate who'll befriend me-
Yesteryear she traveled in the path that's mine today.
Never need I fear a foe from which she might defend me-
Faithful little pal who ran ahead and learned the way.
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!