Friday 18 March 2011

Blog Share: Anxiety, Dreams & Passions


Heading in to the weekend I have a few inspirational reads to share from other bloggers on the subjects of anxiety and pursuing your dreams and passions. Please enjoy, and if you like what you see stop by their blogs and leave a comment.

Unwritten - Lisa of Swirls and Swings

"During my last round of counselling, I was taken aback when I realized that I was comfortable making myself miserable. It is not that I enjoy being worried, self-critical and defensive, but these things are so familiar to me. They are patterns that have become so much a part of who I am that when we talked about leaving them behind, I got quite emotional. Feelings of fear and grief swelled up inside of me. Change these things? How could I? It would be like letting a part of myself die! And who would I be without them?"

Second Star On The Right, Straight On ‘Til Morning - Emily of Emily Jane

"I know what those dreams are now, and they involve great risk. Throwing everything that’s comfortable and routine up into the air and taking a big giant leap into unfamiliar territory. They involve following a rocky path without streetlights or signposts along the way, with no guarantee of a destination; no guarantee that at the end of it all, the dreams will come true. But I suppose that’s where having faith in the Universe comes in. And you know what? It hasn’t let me down once."

Build a Life Raft - Janelle of re:find joy

"If this is something that could be a reality for you, there's no better time than now. Figure out just what you need to do to be ready when that glorious moment arrives! Maybe you only have a small amount to do and your life raft is a little animal floatie or you have a lot to tackle and you need a giant sailing ship. Regardless of how much is left to be done, you can do it!"
Image source: Dan McKay
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!