Wednesday 17 March 2010

Rolly Polly Baby

Lots of things to blog about, but again, I'm not in the habit so it's just not happening yet! I have this neat little widget on my sidebar that lets me put notes in there (right now it just says 'Drink water!'), maybe I'll add 'Write blog!' so I see it everytime I sit down here to nurse.

I guess the only thing I really left you hanging on was my homebirth status. I asked my midwifes and ended up talking with both of them about it, and they said they have no problems at all with my having another home birth with the next baby. We'll just take different precautions. Last time I had said let's do the pitocin in my thigh right after the birth. Unfortunately that's just not enough for my body as I still had that major bleed four hours later. So next time around they'll have an IV in and ready to go and will do the entire bag with pitocin immediately after the birth. That's going to be brutally painful but beats going through the very frightening experience of a big bleed and potential transfer to hospital. Hopefully that'll do it. Either way I've got (hopefully) a few years to think about it and I can always change my mind.

Freya is doing well. She weighed 9lbs 6.5oz at our 6 week appointment. She's chubbier than Desana ever was. Maybe I will end up with a rolly polly baby! She has been sleeping better in general the last two weeks and I'm kind of leaning towards thinking the chiropractic adjustments have helped her. She isn't screaming quite as often when I put her down and less screaming at night. I am very tired today though, bed after midnight then she woke for a feed at 5:30 and wouldn't latch to nurse in bed so we had to get up. Ended up snoozing with her on my chest on the couch until Desana started crying and calling out 'Mummy!' from her room at 7. That kid always wakes up earlier on the days I don't get enough sleep - I don't know how she does it!

 
I'm not sure how often Freya is nursing during the night at this point. I don't have a clock on my side of the bed so am not noting the time, so I just wake up enough to get her latched. I don't know that co-sleeping is working as well for me this time around. I am already contemplating trying to put her back in the bassinet but I don't want her crying or me to be more consciously awake multiple times a night to sleep. I just miss my space, I feel over-touched and am having a difficult time being with Matt. It feels like we barely get to hug let alone anything else. We'll see. I know they only need us this much for a very short time in the scheme of things.

In other news I have both girls in cloth diapers finally! My order of more arrived right when I ran out of the second pack of disposables for Freya. It's working fairly well, I just need to remember to put the diapers in the wash basically every day as Freya uses so many! They are both in the one-size swaddlebees, but Desana varies between the one-size bumgenius as her night diaper and the swaddlebees. They both work fine. I'm really pleased with the SBs and don't anticipate having to buy diapers again until we have a third, if it's a boy and I want more of the boy colors!

 
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!