Monday 21 December 2009

Waiting Game

Image Source: D. Sharon Pruitt
Fast forward seven weeks. I think about this blog all the time but obviously don't write very often. I'm on maternity leave now and am about 37 weeks pregnant, which means baby could technically come at any time. Have my attitudes about the pregnancy and being a mother to two changed very much in the last two months? Yes and no.  This baby will come whether or not I am ready. I am hoping to have a couple of weeks to really settle in to the idea of having two. I am excited to meet the baby. I wonder what it looks like. I'm very nervous about dealing with having two young children, but hopefully I'll have some coping tools and things won't be so bad. There's really no point worrying about it.

I am fairly sure I have all the birth supplies I need, except for making some food for my support people to eat during the labour. I have a big rubbermaid that I need to gather all the various items together and put into... the birth pool and pump, the plastic sheets to go under it and on the bed in case I use the bed.

Right now the biggest adjustment is just getting used to being at home again after not doing this for the last 18 months. It feels very strange, right now it just feels like a long weekend. This will take some getting used to!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!