Thursday 19 August 2010

Moments In Motherhood

Image source: Daquella Manera

Last night Freya woke up every 20 minutes after I'd try to put her down. I felt frustrated, I just wanted some time to myself. But then every time I'd pick her up, her little head would snuggle in under my neck for a few moments, then turn and rest on my shoulder and she'd fall back asleep. I'd hold that warm heavy weight of a sleeping baby, kiss her precious little neck and feel grateful.

This morning she woke me up with her toes in my face. Beautiful little baby toes, and then that big genuine happy smile when she saw her Mummy.

Maybe I haven't had more than two hours of interrupted sleep in longer than I can remember. Maybe I spend most of my day running after, comforting and holding one child or another. Maybe I can't even take a bathroom break without someone screaming or pushing over a baby gate to get to me... I'm still loving it. :)
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!