Sunday 14 November 2010

Thrown together soup

Last night I threw together a soup with some pantry and freezer items. I'm trying to cook more with the food we have in the house, since it's already been paid for!
2 cans of mushroom soup
2 chicken breasts (cut in to small pieces and cooked with Mrs Dash herb and garlic spices)
A few pinches of epicure chicken stock
Some splashes of milk
Some leftover everyday style mixed sundried tomato dip
Some leftover and chopped rotini pasta
1-2 cups of thawed and chopped mixed vegetables
Shredded cheese
Four frozen cubes of avocado (melted in the pot)


I think I went a little bit too heavy on the chicken stock, it sure was flavoursome! I served myself in one of my brand new everyday style mugs. These mugs are the perfect size for a wonderful hot chocolate, and as it turns out, a nice big cup of soup too. For the finishing touch I added a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top and a piece of buttered toast for dipping.
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!