Friday 12 November 2010

DIY Message In A Bottle



As I was sorting through and decluttering some of my memorabilia, I came across some items that I thought would be beautiful to have out on display. I decided to combine my keepsakes with some spice bottles that I found for 10 cents each at a yard sale this summer.


Special Ingredients:

3 old spice bottles
a ball of twine
mixed amethyst and hematite stones
6 pewter angel coins


I placed the amethyst and hematite stones in the bottles, allowing room to slip the angel coins in at the sides, then put a few more stones on top. It took a little bit of maneuvering to make it look just right. Next up I just cut a long length of twine and wrapped it around the bottle neck, crossing it until the whole neck was covered. Then I knotted it and cut off the excess twine so that only a pretty little amount remained. Incredibly easy!


I love the rustic look of the twine, the little frays flying all over the place. It's a great way to spice up a window sill, plus now my pretty stones are no longer hidden out of sight but prettily out on display. I could use any of these bottles as a paper weight, or choose to keep a specific one close by based on the message of the coins - Hope, Peace, Harmony, Love, Healing, Prosperity.


Not bad for 30 cents!

P.S. Today I am linking up to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!