Saturday 1 January 2011

Pushing Past My Comfort Zone

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to join some local women from the Manitoba chapter of Human Milk 4 Human Babies to be interviewed for a feature on CTV Winnipeg.

Human Milk 4 Human Babies (HM4HB) is a global network represented by community pages for each state/province/country. These pages provide a space where families in need can connect with women who have milk to share. HM4HB affirms that human milk is the biological norm for human infants and children. HM4HB does not support the sale of human milk.
I enjoyed several hours in the company of like-minded women that I had never met before. It was great fun to discover that we were all homebirth advocates! I don't know any other women who homebirth in my circle of friends, so it was fun to exchange our stories and experiences. We are looking forward to getting together again.

Follow this link to read the news article and watch the news story on Manitoba moms making breast milk connections online. The video is just to the right of the article. I wasn't interviewed but can be seen holding Freya on the couch.

I haven't yet had the opportunity to milk share but it is a cause I support and I was happy to be seen there as a supporter.

In other exciting news, this week I received my copy of The Birth Vine, the issue in which I contributed a one page article on co-sleeping. Exciting! I look forward to participating again in the future.


Participating in the CTV feature and submitting an article for The Birth Vine were both so out of my comfort zone. I pushed through the fear and am really pleased to have done so. I mentioned a few weeks ago that my chosen word for 2011 is Confidence, so that's the direction I'm headed in.
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!