Wednesday 1 December 2010

A Simple Christmas

A few months back I rescued a medalta crock pot from my neighbours garbage pile. I loved the look of it but hadn't quite figured out what to do with it decoratively until now.


This year, more than any other, I am drawn to keeping things simple. I don't have a lot of Christmas decorations, but I think that I may keep my tree simple, decorated only by lights. There is something so beautiful about a simple tree with lights.


What you don't see is the extension cord hidden in the crock, and the Pampered Chef utensil holder stuffed with newspaper to bring the tree up to the right height. Oh yes, I can be quite resourceful when I need to be!


In my head I have visions of shabby chic garlands of silver and stars draped all over my living room, but for now I'll just live vicariously.





There's just something about Christmas lights!

How do you decorate for the holidays?
Image sources: Happiness Is The Journeyjekert gwapoChris_JMarcin Wicharyali edwards
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!