Tuesday 12 October 2010

Arachnophobia

Image source: gamene
If you are a parent, at some point you have probably had a conversation about how our children absorb more information than it seems. I think the same is true of us as adults. For example, yesterday I was watching a few youtube videos with Desana and came across one that started out innocently enough with a man showing us a spider that was in a web outside of his apartment. Fast forward a minute and there was a giant spider murdering the man inside his apartment with blood and guts everywhere (simulated). Seriously, I wish these videos would come with 'NOT FOR CHILDREN' warnings.

I closed it quickly and Desana doesn't seem to have been affected by it, but me on the other hand? Tossing and turning and screaming in my sleep. Unfortunately not kidding. I even had a spider dream during my brief nap this afternoon and woke myself up when I started to scream.

Apparently I am not a fan of spiders. It's kind of funny because back when I was still living at home, I was the designated spider killer. The spiders in Australia are massive compared to what is in Canada, and in the old house I grew up in they were prolific. But once I found a fella I gradually turned the shoe smashing bug spraying duties over to him, and now I'm a wimp!

I let Matt have a pet snake, but a spider? Never going to happen!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!