Tuesday 26 October 2010

A Room of Her Own

Every woman needs and deserves a room of her own, or if not a room, a corner, a nook.


It’s important for my happiness that I have somewhere to retreat to at the end of the day, or for those times when life becomes a little too overwhelming and I just need a moment alone to compose myself.


Life with two little ones can be messy and busy. Often the day will end with the house being much messier than I’d like. That is why our master bedroom is my number one priority.


I know that no matter what was left undone throughout the rest of house, when I open that door I have somewhere to retreat to that is tidy and beautiful.


A little taste of my inner world, with treasures yet to be discovered.


Books well read and loved.


A place to reflect, to remember.


A splash of color, beauty found in the ordinary.


With my pretty things on display and a reminder to take life one step at a time.


Every woman deserves a room of her own.


Linking up to the HomeGoods 'Mom Cave' Contest at Centsational Girl
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!