Sunday 3 October 2010

My fabulous find on garbage day

Once a year a church in our neighbourhood runs a community garbage pick up where they will take trash from your yard, old mattresses from your basement, etc. It comes in quite handy. Last year they were a huge help to us and they even did yard work! This year they seemed to be concentrating just on taking away the garbage but that was a big help too. They took away the giant pile of wood we had from the demolition of our old porch and a few other odds and ends. I'm always really grateful for anyone who is willing to help out like that, it makes a big difference.

The reason I'm talking about all this is that my neighbour put some things out to be taken away, and I scored something that I think is pretty fabulous - for FREE!


Isn't it lovely? It's quite large and weighs a ton. I think it would make a beautiful planter on the porch in flowering seasons.


Image source: All About Planters

Keeping it inside I could use it to hold some decorative branches or an eclectic collection of umbrellas.


Image source: House to Home

No, I don't currently nor do I anticipate ever collecting umbrellas, but it's just about the right depth to contain some!

I haven't decided what I am going to use it for, but its appearance appeals to me so much I will be keeping it. Any suggestions?
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!