Saturday 9 October 2010

Five minutes goes a long way

This weekend is a long weekend for us here in Canada as Monday is Thanksgiving. Last year we had Thanksgiving at our place and Matt did all of the cooking. This year we are going to my mother-in-laws but Matt is handling the turkey. Yum, turkey! Of course I am holding on to some small shreds of hope that my big plans for changes in our living area will come to fruition this weekend. Wish me luck with that... lots of luck.
I know, I know, I promised to cut back on the decluttering posts, but hey! It's what I'm really interested in right now, or at least feeling motivated to do. I thought I'd just touch on a small topic today, something that will only take you a couple of minutes of time. By you, I also mean me!

Everyday when I sit here on my little corner of the couch with the laptop, I look up and all I can see is a pile of STUFF on top of our fridge across the room. You know what I keep thinking? I should take care of that.Yet it's all still there. So today I'm taking care of it.

You know how long that took? 5 minutes. Why do we procrastinate on things that will only take a couple of minutes? You tell me and we will both know!


I ended up putting my recipe box and one recipe book back on top of the fridge as well, so the final picture isn't completely accurate but close enough. The blue thing is Desana's time-out pad, but she loves it so it's not really a punishment. :)

If you were looking closely you may have seen two changes to our living area that are brand new. Just a taste of things to come.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and a fabulous long weekend for those of you who are in Canada!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!