Tuesday 26 October 2010

Art work ideas for the girls nursery

In my last post I showed you the finished girls nursery. As I was taking pictures of the room I started seeing the need for some accessories, apart from the uppercase living expressions the walls seemed so blank! So I decided to look for some unique art on etsy and boy have I found some gorgeous pieces!
My song for Desana is You Are My Sunshine, and for Freya it's My Girl. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any art work with the My Girl lyrics but there were lots of choices for You Are My Sunshine. Here are two of my favorites.

The picture on the left has more of a nursery feel although I LOVE the style of the sign on the right.

I showed Desana some of the pictures I was thinking of using and she really liked these.


I love the idea of pegging them to some twine, and these mini-prints are so well priced that I could hang all of them on some twine across the wall next to Desana's bed. That's one way to save money on frames!


Katie M. Berggren has so many beautiful motherhood prints, I can see this one being perfect above the recliner in the nursery.

Last but not least, as a tribute to my little girl's variety of interests...


Robots, dinosaur and bunnies, oh my! The above three are all by the same artist who also has gorgeous alphabet art, and princesses and fairies... very diverse and gorgeous pieces to chose from.

So what do you think? How much art is too much? Can robots and fairies play well together?
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!