Tuesday 12 October 2010

Blog Share: Faux fireplace, Roses in the bathroom and more!

Today I have a big thank you to all my wonderful readers - that's you! I have 20 official followers that show up on my blog, and I know that in addition to that many of you read via e-mail or just pop over when you see an update on facebook. Thank you all for finding me interesting enough to keep coming back for more!

In the spirit of sharing I thought I might give something new a try. Some of the blogs that I read do a weekend round-up where they share some of the interesting things they have come across throughout the past week. I have noticed that I tend to share the things that really wow me with some of my friends, so why not share with you too?
I know it's not the weekend, but here are a few of the neat things I've come across over the past week.

Janet at The Decorating Diaries made this gorgeous book page fireplace insert.

Image Source: The Decorating Diaries

You wouldn't know it to look at the 'style' of my house, but I am deeply in love with the shabby chic style, so the faux mantlepiece with all its decor is so appealing to me. Maybe someday I'll have a woman cave that I can put something like this in.

Connie of Hartwood Roses finished her basement bathroom renovation.


Imagine source: Hartwood Roses

I wish my one and only bathroom was that beautiful, let alone having something like that in the basement!

Kim of A girl and a glue gun shared how to make this AWESOME menu board, bonus being that if you aren't crafty she can custom make one for you!

Imagine source: A girl and a glue gun

Boy do I ever need to get back into meal planning...

Rachel of Small Notebook has a great article on Decluttering with your Spouse.
Be patient with each other’s stuff. When I see my little piles of stuff, I don’t see clutter — I see my works in progress, my mementos and souveniers, and my collections of inspiration. If Doug decluttered my stuff for me, I would be worried he would give or throw away something that mattered. He feels the same way. Even though our tendency is to want to clean out each other’s stuff, it’s better to spend more time focusing on our own.
Now there's a blog I'd like to read from top to bottom. The bits I've read are about decluttering and organisation (hmm.. sounds familiar), but she has the ability of getting straight to the point, which I, do not!

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll be back with some more later. We've had a crazy busy long weekend over here and my house is in such a major state of disarray (but the end result will make it so worth it!).
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!