Wednesday 18 August 2010

Anti-Procrastination Day

Today is anti-procrastination day! That's a FlyLady thing and a darn good idea. It's the day you take a little bit of time to do some of the things you've been procrastinating. I am a real procrastinator so this is a good day for me.

Today I decided to take care of fixing two of my willow tree figurines that were broken by the cat, my daughter, and again, my daughter. I purchased the krazyglue on another anti-procrastination day but did not get around to the fixing then (sound familiar?).

So here are my little figurines. Both sets were gifts from my very good friend (who I need to talk with before naming her here :)) Somehow the 'celebrate' angel and her wings were seperated, and on two different occasions one of the girls from the 'sisters by heart' set lost her hands!



Here is how I fixed them. Krazyglue. I read the instructions multiple times and thoroughly, rather afraid I was going to end up with all my fingers glued together. Since I'm typing you may assume that did not happen!


I ran into some trouble, turns out krazyglue doesn't really adhere that well to metal so I was not able to get the wings to stick, despite multiple attempts. Sooo... the next best thing!


Yes, I went to tape. I cut it into small strips and stuck her wings back on. The positive is that she's back together and from the front you can't tell the tape is there. The back is another story but that is ok!

My other little angels hands went back on without a hitch, I just fixed them one at a time, held in place for about a minute then let go!


Finally, here are my lovely ladies back where they belong. I can't remember the exact occasion my dear friend gave me the Sisters by Heart set, but I do remember that it was very early on into our friendship. We bonded almost instantly and over the years our friendship has blossomed into one of my most treasured relationships. You know who you are, I'm so lucky to have you!

The other little angel was a gift from the same friend after I was offered a job that I was not exactly qualified for, but that was a great opportunity. It's nice to have someone to celebrate such things with me. :)

I have so many more things I am procrastinating, if I get to them today maybe I'll make another post. If not, hey! There is always next Wednesday.

What are YOU procrastinating about? Leave a comment and let me know.
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!