Thursday 26 August 2010

Artful necklace display

I can't believe that I let all these beautiful necklaces sit hidden away in a cupboard for so many years! It's always been a disaster trying to pull out a specific necklace from my jewelry box, everything was so tangled. I googled some variation of necklace organisation and found this:

 Image Source: countryliving.com

Isn't that amazing? It's an old rake head that has been repurposed to a necklace holder. I thought about putting something similar on the back of my bedroom door but realised that opening and closing the door would make too much noise, and with Freya still in bed with us most of the time, and being a super light sleeper that just would not work!

That is when I lifted my eyes and thought, hey! What about the window? Since I'm doing my best to work with what I have, I just grabbed one of my extra plastic hangers (a wooden hanger would be beautiful) and got to work stringing up all my necklaces. I seriously had forgotten that I even owned some of them. Now it's a beautiful little kind of art piece that I see when I walk into the room, it's an easy way to see what I have and to choose what necklace I might like to wear on any given day.


It's almost like having a picture on the wall, since every necklace has a memory. Gifts from friends and family, the necklace I wore on my wedding day, the necklace I bought when I started coming out of my depression.










Pretty. :)
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!