Friday 27 August 2010

Wakeful in Winnipeg

Image source: twob

Time is a funny thing. When you're waiting for a special date it passes oh so slowly, and when you want the time to last it goes by way too fast. I remember the first week I went on maternity leave, I was amazed at how long the day was. I was used to being out of the house until 6pm, so being at home all day with Desana it felt like the days were four days long. In a good way. Now that I'm at home with two kids the day passes pretty quickly and is over before I've accomplished half of what I set out to do.

My littlest munchkin is going through a really clingy stage and starts crying anytime she sees me even attempting to walk away from her. Putting her down for naps now is pretty much impossible as she wakes up as soon as I put her down. I try picking her up and putting her down again, but she just wakes up over and over. It's incredibly frustrating. She's too young for me to feel comfortable just letting her cry for awhile yet. She completely loses it. For example, she just woke up after being down for 5 minutes. Great nap time. ;)

Basically for now I'm in a perpetual state of sleep deprivation. No baby free time during the day, and at night we are co-sleeping so I don't have to get up constantly as she wakes up. I'm very much over it, but despite the fact that she hogs the bed and kicks me all night long, I'm getting more sleep this way than I would the other.

Now I just wonder if I'll ever get used to waking up with what I imagine a hangover must feel like.

I bought a sleep cd that is a recording of noises in the womb and apparently helps babies sleep, and some 6+ month pacifiers. Both are on their way in the mail. I'm hoping to find something that works. I'm still hunting kijiji for a reasonably priced and decent looking rocker recliner. In the meantime...

YAWN!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!