Tuesday 10 August 2010

Ask and you will receive

Ask and you will receive. At least that seems to be the case with my recent glass bottle obsession! I showed you these little bottles in my Repurposed baby food jars post:



Now I have a few more gorgeous little bottles. On Saturday afternoon my friend and her little girl came over for a visit and she coaxed us out of the house for a walk. The 'big' girls got the double stroller and Freya fell asleep almost instantly in the Ergo as seems to be the usual. We spotted a giant yard sale sign so decided to go check it out. For $1.25 I scored 6 of these little bottles...


and this one large decorative bottle...


My friend kept two of the small bottles (though I may give her one more as odd numbers are better in decorating than even!). I haven't decided what I'm going to do with mine yet. I asked the lady who was selling them and she said they were spice bottles. They have such beautiful stoppers I don't know if I should put water and flowers in them, with the stopper left off but next to the bottle. Who knows! Not bad for $1.25 though.

You have probably been a little distracted by the big green fellow in the background of the above pictures. His name is Toby the Toad, and he is a cookie jar! My sister bought him when she was living with us for a year after Desana was born, along with some of the other Toby the Toad items. I accidentally chipped him one day so she let us keep him. I owe her a cookie jar. :)
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!