Friday 13 August 2010

Art and Presents!

I am starting to figure out that in order to be a regular blogger I have to see the photo-op in every occasion. I should have figured that out this morning during our playdate, but you get to see the after math...

You would think that after being a parent for over two and a half years I would know by now that when you can't hear the kid, she's getting into trouble!

Kitchen Floor



Girls Room Door Frame



Desana's lovely soft organic crib sheet



Just as a bonus, here's some pre-existing artwork from the walls behind our kitchen stove and a cupboard




I'm a really laid back Mum so none of this really bothers me. :) The kitchen walls are going to be knocked down eventually so they don't bother me too much, and everything else I can wash off. I am worried about the bed sheet now! How do you get markers out of something like that? Any suggestions?

Now on to the presents... I ordered a couple more Plan toys a few months back through a co-op. Plan toys are some of my absolute favorites for the girls because they are green and great quality, and I know I'm not going to have to replace them with each kid.

Desana tried very hard to open the present on her own!


First present is a lace-up shoe to practice tying laces. Desana wasn't sure what to think of that.




Next up came the box of blocks - this she liked!!!




Desana is just starting to learn the names of shapes although she is pretty good with her colors. These blocks will definitely help her learn some more things.



Meanwhile Freya thought the empty box made a pretty good toy.




Big mess!



Building a tower! That is the best thing to with blocks after all.



Desana hasn't quite figured out the lace up shoe yet, other than to try and put it on.



Here's my littlest munchkin.



Who could resist this smile?


Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!