Tuesday 17 August 2010

Buying used


I don't think I really believe in buying new anymore. I know there are times where it's necessary, maybe because you're not patient enough to find a used version... but the reality is that buying new just costs way too much money. Over the past few weeks I think I've made about $150 selling things online. Things I don't need or use anymore (if ever). In turn I've been able to turn that money around and buy other used things that I've needed (wanted). I'm slowly moving towards having much less belongings, and not only that but having belongings that I love. Our master bedroom has been my main focus lately because I think that room should be your refuge and a very welcoming and comforting place to be. It's amazing how much more finished the room looks since we picked up matching lamps for our mismatched bedside tables. I also got a beautiful white ruffled bedskirt (ikea), and since I bought a duvet and two different duvet covers(new, and ridiculously expensive) for my birthday, the bed is just gorgeous.

Yes, I will take pictures soon. :)

I'm asking for about a total of $230 for all the things I currently have listed for sale. That is money I hope to put towards painting the girls bedroom, getting the carpet cleaned, buying the perfect used recliner and whatever misc. supplies I'll need for sanding and painting the furniture. I really don't need anything else for them.
Image source: silverfox09
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!