Friday 6 August 2010

Repurposed baby food jars

I'm sorry it's been a couple of days since my last post! I've come to see that unless I place a high priority on making a post every day it is very easy to let life get in the way.

Last weekend we had dinner at my mother-in-law's house. Afterward we were sitting in the backyard and somehow came to the subject of decluttering (which, as you probably know by now is one of my favorite pass times). I mentioned that if she had any glass bottles or jars I would love to take a look at them as I've been looking at lots of Shabby Chic books lately and would love to be able to put flowers in them and such. I also have a craft project in mind that I saw over at Make It and Love It - Treat Jars. As luck would have it she had a bag full of old baby food jars! It took me a few days to get around to looking through them, but when I did I found that amongst the usual plain small baby food jars, there were three absolutely gorgeous little jars.



Aren't they beautiful?


On the outside they have measurements, ml on one side and oz on the other.


The one in the middle has a criss-cross pattern whereas the other two have vertical stripes, but I think I like the slightly mismatched look.


At home in my beautiful little corner of the bedroom.

I do have a confession to make. My backyard is a jungle wasteland with flowers that are mostly composed of dandelions. I don't know if these little purple ones I found out there are technically considered 'weeds', but I think if I find beauty in them I just don't care. :)
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!