Wednesday 8 September 2010

Blogging Your Way E-Course

Image source: JohnONolan

Tomorrow is the first day of the Blogging Your Way e-course that I signed myself up for. I'm excited. I don't know if the class content is completely up my alley in terms of the kind of blog I seem to be writing, but I am sure there will be various elements that are applicable to me. I am hoping to maybe come away with one or two blogging friends. I don't really have any yet and feel like the stranger on the outside making pitiful attempts to get to know or fit in with the crowd (a feeling which is all too familiar!).

I am feeling excited and inspired. I have that little buzz of energy that as a child used to proceed a big day like Christmas, or as an adult, the little indication that change is in the air. Good change. I feel like my New Year can start on any day, and maybe this will be the year when... whatever it is I've been wanting will come to be.
"In our current world where stimulated ideas, new opportunities and innovative minds are so openly welcomed, oftentimes the biggest thing standing in the way is ourselves." - On Fearing Change: When It's Time to Take a Leap of Faith
It's not like the things I want out of life are unrealistic goals. I do not want to be an astronaut (actually the idea of going in to space petrifies me - THERE IS NO OXYGEN!!!), and despite sometimes feeling that at 26 I've missed the opportunity to do something big with my life, that is apparently not true. I say apparently because it still feels like it is true. I know there are people out there who are twice my age and still making big changes. It's that paralyzing fear that always holds me back, that internal DANGER! DANGER! alarm that goes off when I contemplate stepping outside my comfort zone. My inner critic who likes to warn me over and over again, "You could fail."

Perhaps my inner critic is even more worried that I could succeed.
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!