Saturday 4 September 2010

Nursery Chair

First off, a quick Hi! to my new followers. Wherever you came from and whatever compelled you to follow, I am grateful! I hope to hear from you via the comments one of these days. :)

Yesterday I finally took the plunge and purchased a rocker recliner from kijiji. I emailed two people about recliners, and of course it was the owner of the more expensive one ($70) who replied so that's the one I ended up getting. Matt was very kind and spent two and a half hours driving around the city during rush hour to go buy it and a cd player for the nursery.

A few weeks back I bought the Baby Sleep System from mamabargains.com. It arrrived this week and that spurred on the purchase of the chair. We had to buy a new cdplayer because we have always just played music on our computers, tv or portable personal music players!

I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to best reconfigure the girls room to more comfortably fit all the furniture in the small space. The chair took up so much more room than I had mentally envisioned. Three rearrangements later and with the removal of the kids table and two stools, and the standing fan, here is what I ended up with.


Please ignore the over-extended curtain rod!
Now, I less than love having the dresser RIGHT THERE inside the doorway, but I think once I've painted it the creamy white I have in mind it might seem a little less obnoxious. I'm also going to pull out the tape measure today and see if maybe the short and wide dresser we have in our room might fit there instead. I'm pretty sure it won't though.

What most surprised me about this small little change (adding a chair!) was that it made the room feel so much more finished. I spent a fair amount of time in there last night trying to get Freya down (yeah right). Sitting in the corner on the rocker with her felt so comfortable. This room has always been my favorite in the house. I'm not exactly sure why, it just has a nice cosy feel to it. Despite the creepy access panel to the attic that is in the closet. Yikes.

Anyway, I think my next plan of attack is to just work on getting Freya down in there for naps again. We were doing pretty good for awhile but I got lazy again and would rather put up with holding her forever than picking up and putting her down again every couple of minutes. Either way, we're still 8 months ahead of when I got Desana out of our bed and in to the crib.
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!