Wednesday 8 September 2010

I like... vanilla cream

I'm very sorry for the late post today, sleep has just not been happening lately and having no energy plays havoc with my creativity. So here is a simple but beautiful little post for today.
A week or two ago I was browsing kijiji and saw a posting for an Everyday Style consultant. I emailed her to ask for a catalogue and a few days later she came by and dropped some off.


Now I am in love!

I am an occasional tea drinker, moreso a hot chocolate drinker when the temperature is cool. While I was growing up my Mum had the Willow Ware dinner set, and teapot with cups and saucers. We would have hot chocolate in the teapot, with the cups and saucers and biscuits (cookies) all on a tea tray. Just a lovely memory.

I love the cream tones, the simplicity, the (implied?) warmth. This is my kind of shabby chic.


While much of the EverydayStyle products are not to my taste, this line most certainly is! They have a lot of other 'Vanilla Cream' products  but the above are the ones I would be most likely to purchase.

Lately I've seen a lot of people blogging about changing their home decor over to fall decor up here in the northern hemisphere. What I am about to say may alienate me from the throngs of decor bloggers. I am not a fan of fall decor, I find it kitschy! I think that I'd rather have a lovely teapot, sugar, creamer and mugs representing the change of season than a big old pumpkin sitting on top of a pile of leaves.

Am I the only one?!
Share it!
Tweet it!
"Like" Happiness is the Journey on Facebook!